Healthy Living In The New Year
Baby Boomers are at the point where what we do today may have profound effects upon our future health, wellness, prosperity and enjoyment of life. And what better time to reevaluate how we have been living, the benefits and disadvantages of our current lifestyle choices. As the old year, 2010, comes to an end and we usher in a completely new year, 2011, what promises are you making to yourself?
Are you ready to set health intentions that you will actually follow through on?
* Are you willing to take time out, every day, to ease your mind, breathe deeply and relax?
* How much exercise and what type do you plan to provide for your body’s metabolism, energy and fitness?
* Have you set some personal goals, career goals, family goals and do you have a plan to take small steps toward accomplishing those?
* Are focusing on being grateful for what you do have instead of bemoaning your fate and suffering over losses, failures and your own perceived deficits?
* Are you ready to stop procrastinating and begin building your legacy, for your family, your children and others now?
The year 2010 is ending. Let it go. Let go of all the unwanted things that have happened. Let go of the pains you have felt, the losses you have experienced and the general life disappointments that have plagued you. Let it all go. Don’t look back, look forward.
The year 2011 is here now. This New Year brings a new chapter into our life. We can truly begin anew. We can make new promises, set new intentions, make new choices and decisions, and create lasting change in any aspect of our life that we desire to change.
Last year is over. You may have made many mistakes, left many projects incomplete, and not fulfilled your promises to yourself or others. Last year is over now. It will never return. What do YOU plan to do with this wonderful opportunity for complete life renewal?
Start this New Year with a clear intention.
- What do you really, really, really want that may have somehow eluded you until now?
- Make a short list (no more than 10 items) of your most important intentions for this new year.
- Look at each item on the list and take a moment to imagine it is the end of this new year and you have actually accomplished this intention.
- Allow your imagination to include lots of details – Who is with you, how you look, how you feel, and what accomplishing this intention has done for you.
- Imagine looking back over this new year and realizing what has assisted you to actualize and materialize each of your intentions.
- Smile and know that all of this is totally possible and within your reach.
At the end of every month in this New Year, take a few moments to repeat the steps above. Renew and refresh your stated overall intention. Review and revise your list. Take the time to visualize yourself already having achieved and attained your intentions. Smile and let it go.
Please comment below. There is power in stating your goals and intentions. Share them with me here. I would love to add support and encouragement.
Contact me to schedule an appointment, a 1/2 hour Jump Start Your Dreams coaching session.
Imagine living your life on purpose, creating intentions, imagining them already actualized and smiling at how good you feel. Now isn’t that better than worrying and suffering over what has troubled you in the past and what could possibly become a problem in the future. Intention, imagination, visualization and belief create the future.
Are you ready to begin YOUR healthy habits right now?